Where can you find professional installation or repair services for invisible dog fences, underground dog fences and other pet containment fences in British Columbia?
Unbeknown to many dog owners and consumers, an invisible dog fence is also known as an underground fence, Invisible Pet Fence or in-ground electric fence. It is imperative that after your containment fence is installed, that you train your pet on how to properly use your new electric dog fence. This type of modern pet fence is also much more affordable compared to a normal physical fence, even if you hire a local professional in British Columbia to install your containment or underground dog fence.
Typically an underground fence has an electric wire which is buried 2 to 3 inches in the ground. The wire sends a radio signal to a training collar which the dog wears. When the dog approaches the boundary of the fence, the collar will sound a beep, followed by a mild safe electric static shock.
Choosing the right in-ground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality underground fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs.
This type of dog fence is also much more affordable compared to a normal physical fence, even if you hire a professional to install your underground pet fence. An underground fence leaves your yard more attractive, and doesn’t take away the view. A traditional fence isn’t reliable, dogs dig under them, jump over them, and run away through open gates. An underground pet fence can still be used when you have a physical fence also for double the protection.
All in all these electronic dog fence systems are very effective and can be trusted to contain and keep your dog safe.
- Invisible Dog Fencing BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Abbotsford BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Armstrong BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Burnaby BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Campbell River BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Companies Castlegar BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Chilliwack BC
- Dog Containment Collar Colwood BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Comox Valley BC
- Underground Dog Fencing Coquitlam BC
- Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog Courtenay BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Cowichan Valley BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Cranbrook BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Dawson Creek BC
- Large Dog Invisible Fence Delta BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Duncan BC
- Underground Dog Fencing East Kootenay BC
- Underground Dog Fencing Enderby BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing Fernie BC
- Hidden Dog Fence Fort Langley BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Fort St. John BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Fraser Valley BC
- Cat Containment System Fraser-Fort George BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing Grand Forks BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Greater Vancouver BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Greenwood BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Kamloops BC
- Invisible Pet Fence Kelowna BC
- Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs Kelowna BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Kimberley BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Kitimat-Stikine BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Kootenay Boundary BC
- Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs Ladner BC
- Dog Containment Collar Langford BC
- Invisible Pet Fence Langley BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Maple Ridge BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Merritt BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Metro Vancouver BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Mission BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Myra BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Nanaimo BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Nelson BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing New Westminster BC
- Invisible Pet Fence North Okanagan BC
- Invisible Fence Cats North Vancouver BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Okanagan Lake Region
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Okanagan-Similkameen BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Parksville BC
- Hidden Dog Fence Peace River BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Peachland BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Penticton BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Pitt Meadows BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Port Alberni BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Port Coquitlam BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Port Moody BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Powell River BC
- Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs Powell River BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Prince George BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Prince Rupert BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Quesnel BC
- Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog Revelstoke BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Richmond BC
- Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs Rossland BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Salmon Arm BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Skeena-Queen Charlotte BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Strathcona BC
- Underground Dog Fencing Summerland BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Surrey BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Terrace BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Thompson-Nicola BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Companies Trail BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Tsawwassen BC
- Invisible Fence Alternative Vancouver BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Vancouver Island BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing Vancouver Lower Mainland BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Vernon BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Victoria BC
- Invisible Fence Alternative West Kelowna BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence West Vancouver BC
- Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog Westbank Kelowna BC
- Hidden Dog Fence Whistler BC
- Underground Dog Fencing White Rock BC
- Large Dog Invisible Fence Williams Lake BC
Best Invisible and Electric Dog Fence Installation Companies in British Columbia ?
Our professional team in British Columbia specializes in providing pet containment product sales & services for: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence.
Prevent Your Dog Going Astray With a Wireless Dog Fence
The time has come to provide some type of alternative outdoor dog containment for Tiffany, our dog, who has the ability to leap six foot wooden fences. She has learned to take a running start, hit the fence as high as possible, use her front paws to pull her body over and push with her back legs to get that extra leverage that pushes her into freedom. I have never been able to catch this on video but it certainly would go viral.
The problem is that we live in a community and county which have strict covenants and laws concerning pets, specifically dogs, and her desire to run free, will land us in front of the judge if we don't find a way to clip her wings. An electric dog fence seems like the best solution for everyone, since both jumping over and digging under are not options, but there are both advantages and disadvantages to this type of system for the pet and the pet owner.
Several of the advantages to using an electric dog fence are: cost of the fence, effectiveness of the product, and ease of use. The cost for any fence depends on the height of the fence, the size of the area being enclosed and the terrain that you are fencing in. A hard fence will cost an average of $15 to $30 per square foot and if you have hilly terrain or curves the cost will go up significantly. The cost for an electric dog fence will run approximately $3 per square foot and there are no additional costs incurred for terrain changes or curvy boundaries. You will have additional one-time costs for all collars and the transmitter. The effectiveness of the electric dog fence is high and, of the two, will do a better job, if the dog is trained correctly. Unlike a physical fence there can be no jumping over the fence nor digging under the fence and there are no doors or gates that can be left open accidentally. As far as ease of use, once the fence is installed the only maintenance involved is keeping the batteries charged on both the dog's collar and the transmitter.
There are certainly disadvantages to an electric dog fence. Some people view them as inhumane and are not willing to subject their pets to the mild shock that is administered as their pet nears the boundary wire. This is a personal choice on the part of the pet owner as the shock that is used, to course correct a pet, is mild. It is only transmitted to the collar after a series of warning beeps have alerted the dog that they are nearing the "no zone". Most dogs will learn their boundaries very quickly and the number of times a course correcting shock should be necessary will be minimal. Any owner who decides to employ an electric dog fence will also have to make the necessary time commitment to effectively train their pet. It generally requires several weeks of consistent daily training but the end results will be worth it.
Some other factors to consider before selecting an electric dog fence are that the system should not be used with puppies or pregnant dogs. Additionally, using this form of containment with overly aggressive dogs is not recommended as they are usually willing to bear the pain of crossing the boundary wire to pursue their quarry. Also the use of an electric fence does not keep intruders, human or animal, out of your yard nor will you have the privacy that is provided by a wooden or wire fence.
All in all, the choice to use an electric dog fence comes with many things to consider before making the final purchase. They do however provide the owner with peace of mind knowing that their pet has the freedom to enjoy the yard without putting themselves, or the pet owner, in harm's way. They are easy to install and should you move the fence can go with you to your next location ensuring safely for your dog where ever you are.
Invisible Dog Fences - Top Ten Myths Dispelled!
Whether a fence is good or not is no longer the question. When you have a dog, the best way to keep it safe,and your neighbors too, is by putting up a fence. However, with its substantial cost and some regulations that prohibit its building, the second best alternative for you is to make use of an underground dog fence.
An underground dog fence is considered to be one of the most humane ways in confining your dog in a certain area. Also called a wireless fence, you can say goodbye to improvising fences for your pet when using this technology underground. Contrary to what some may say, it is not an equipment to maltreat your dog. In fact, it will help your dog wander around the yard freely without you having to worry about him getting lost or gate crashing at your neighbors. That is less stress for you.
It works by digging the ground (inches deep) and planting the wire transmitter which will set the boundaries for your dog. After which, you will make your dog wear a collar receiver. Whenever your dog goes beyond the limits, he will get a mild shock coming from the reaction of the wire transmitter and the collar receiver. This way your dog will be aware of where he is only allowed to stay. With a repetitive kind of mild "punishment", he will know where he could eat, play and do his other activities.
A wireless dog fence can be helpful not only in keeping your pet within your reach and preventing him from destroying your neighbor his/her garden; it also helps you in maintaining his living space and condition more easily. If his mess is concentrated in a limited area, it will not be too hard for you to clean it up. Imagine if you would have to follow him everywhere he pleases. That is definitely a tough work.
However, one thing about an underground dog fence is it does not prevent other pets from getting into your yard. Since they do not have the collar transmitter, they will not be punished by trespassing.
Deciding on Whether or Not to Use an Invisible Dog Fence
Home – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in the province of British Columbia and other provinces in Western Canada. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.