TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Calgary AB and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Calgary AB.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Calgary AB. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Calgary AB property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Calgary AB include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Calgary AB property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Calgary AB?
A Jack Russell terrier is a wonderful, friendly dog. One that many people absolutely enjoy. They are playful, loving, and extremely smart. One I have has won many agility course competitions. Another one I have know is a very enthusiastic fly-ball fanatic. Who wouldn't want one of these fantastic dogs?
A Jack Russell terrier is a neurotic, over energetic, ball of fury. They have an insatiable appetite for digging. You could swear that rabbits and opossums are the mortal enemy of your Jack Russell terrier. No fence can keep them in your back yard. They are continually running through the electric dog fence you have recently installed. Your neighbor swears it can jump into their backyard over the 6ft tall privacy fence, destroying her (award winning) tulip garden. Who would want one of these demons?
Does this sound familiar to you? If I replaced Jack Russell Terrier with Labrador, Airedale, or Cocker Spaniel, would it now sound familiar? Many pet owners have experienced that sick feeling when they realize the family's best friend is no longer in the backyard. Digging in the neighbor's yard is a mere inconvenience. What happens when you live on a busy street and your neighbor is the one carrying the limp body of your friend to your door step. No amount of explanation to your children can prepare them for that horrid experience.
This scenario does not have to play out. There are alternatives. Let us look at a few of them.
- Tying them up - unfortunately, this is very limited. Many dogs resent the restriction and often the owner finds it unpleasant because their pet can not use the whole yard. It is easy for them to become entangled in their tie-up rope. It becomes even more dangerous if they can jump a fence.
- Keeping them inside - I have seen this, especially with small dogs. If you choose to have your dog deficate and urinate where you live, I won't argue with you, please do not invite me over for dinner.
- Traditional Fencing - Great for many dogs. There are many attractive options on the market right now. Wrought iron, picket, chain-link, privacy fencing are all options. They vary, from short to 6-8ft tall. There are often restrictions placed if you live in a subdivision regulated by a home owners association.
- Buried Fencing combined with Traditional Fencing - This option involves a little digging and back braking work. A traditional fence is erected as usual, however, a mesh fence is buried and attached to the traditional fence. This option prevents dogs that are diggers to work their way under the fence.
- Invisible Electric Dog Fence - An electric dog fence is an excellent option for those who do not need or want a fence obstructing their view of their backyard. An invisible dog fence is also an option to inexpensively contain dogs in a very large area, often up to 25 acres. A wire is buried 3 inches underground and attached in a loop to the transmitter for the fencing system. The electric dog fence is completed with a receiver collar properly fitted to your dog. The collar then receives signals from the wire underground and warns and/or corrects your dog as it approaches the defined boundaries. The electric dog fence systems often allow varying degrees of warning/correction. As good as this option sounds, dogs occasionally can outrun the correction.
- Invisible Electric Dog Fence combined with Traditional Fencing - If invisibility is not needed and maximum containment is desired, this is the best option for your dog. The traditional fence is erected as usual. The electric dog fence wiring is then buried just inside the traditional fence perimeter. The combination of the visual containment system (traditional fencing) as well as the audible warning of the electric dog fence prevents even the most stubborn dog.
As you can see, there are many options available for containing your dog. Each option has its place. Review your situation and honestly assess the needs of your home and your pet. Tying up your pet is rarely the answer, but a fence often is a great option. Whether the fence is a traditional picket fence or a more modern electric dog fence, the goal is always the same, to protect your best friend from escaping your yard and becoming harmed. All dogs can be wonderful, however, it takes training, patience, and a little imagination to help them respond to your needs.
Benefits of Using an Invisible Dog Fence
Sometimes you just want your dog to stay put. Some dog owners have pets that are too social (they keep approaching other people and pets), or overly curious and active (they want to chase every little thing that moves). If you are considering installing electronic dog fencing on your property, here are some things you need to know.
No need to dig up your property to install physical fences. Similarly, no need to hire a contractor to do it. Some dog owners live in areas where there are regulations preventing the installation of physical fences; electric fencing becomes a viable and convenient option for those pet owners.
Keep in mind, though, that electronic fencing is not going to work on its own. Basically, this pet containment system is a behavioral control system. The special collar the dog wears detects the boundaries of the perimeter. The collar the dog wears, detects when the dog approaches the fence and sends out a static correction when the dog gets too close. When you buy and install a dog containment system, you should also then set aside some time for training your dog with its new collar..
Electronic dog fences won't stay in shape forever. Still, properly installed dog fences, and a conscientious dog owner should make for a containment system that lasts a long time. Maintenance of the fence involves checking if the batteries on the collar are fully charged, and checking if the collar reacts to the wires when the collar is brought close to the boundaries.
So many things can happen that could threaten the integrity of the buried wires of the containment system. Any kind of digging around your property that's near the wires could end up exposing them, or damaging them. If a vehicle, by accident, climbs up the pavement and runs into a portion of your lawn, the buried wires could get damaged. There's also the issue of other dogs digging around your area. For these reasons, many dog owners with electric fences installed, routinely check their premises, to see if the wires have been damaged.
lots of tips about the installation, maintenance, diagnosing problems, and dog training - can be found watching the online videos most manufacturers of pet containment systems supply. Watching minutes of these videos can save dog owners the time spent on reading manuals and figuring things out for themselves.
Bury the wires right, fit the collar snugly, and spend time training and playing (rewarding) with your dog. These are key ingredients to a successfully working dog fencing system. Just remember to inspect once in a while, the condition of the wires and whether your dog's collar is still running on a full charge - these are essential checks when you have dog fencing installed.
http://thefreedomfence.com/alberta/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Calgary AB. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.