TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Camrose AB and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Camrose AB.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Camrose AB. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Camrose AB property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Camrose AB include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Camrose AB property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Camrose AB?
Almost everyone has heard of invisible dog fences, but far fewer folks really know what they are and how they work. Following are the top ten misconceptions I've heard from my clients:
- MYTH: Invisible dog fences are really expensive. A pro-installed fence will likely cost you anywhere from $1000 to $3000, depending on the size of your yard and how many pets you wish to contain. A DIY fence that you install yourself should cost you less than $500, including all materials. Either way, it's less expensive than a traditional chain link, wood, or wrought iron fence.
- MYTH: Invisible dog fences don't work. They're actually a pretty reliable way to keep your dog in your yard, but only if:
- You consistently follow the recommended training process. Every brand includes a training program that is designed to teach your pet how to respond when he encounters his invisible boundary.
- You purchase a fence that includes a multi-level receiver (the device your dog wears on a collar around his neck). Without multiple training levels, you can't customize the training to your pet's size and temperament. That means a large or stubborn pup may not respect the fence and a small or sensitive one may become frightened.
- You put the receiver on your pet every time he goes outside. Most dog fences make a high-pitched sound when your pup first encounters the invisible boundary, and then emit a static correction if he continues to move toward the fence rather than back into your yard. Without the receiver, your pet will eventually realize he's not getting either one of these cues to stay in his yard.
- MYTH: All invisible dog fences are just alike. Every model of fence offers different features -- this is even true of different models within the same brand. So, make sure you choose the model that's right for your pet's size and temperament.
- MYTH: You don't need to train your pooch to understand an invisible dog fence. In reality, if you don't train your pet to understand how to respond when he encounters the invisible boundary, one of two things will happen: he will run right through the fence or he will become confused and afraid of your yard.
- MYTH: An invisible dog fence will hurt my dog. If you purchase a high-quality fence and you patiently teach your pet how it works, it will not hurt your him. What will hurt is getting hit by a car or attacked by another animal as your pet roams outside your property.
- MYTH: You don't need to put the receiver collar on your pet once he learns to avoid the invisible boundary. The only way an invisible dog fence will reliably protect your pet is if you put the collar on him every single time he goes outside.
- MYTH: An invisible dog fence is just like an electric fence. An electric fence will indiscriminately zap anyone who encounters it (and that zap is the same whether you're a 1000 pound cow or a 25 pound toddler), while an invisible dog fence will correct only those pets who wear a receiver. Also, unlike an electric fence, if your fence includes a multi-level receiver, you can customize and control the level of correction your pet receives -- that way you never use a higher correction level than is necessary.
- MYTH: Some breeds just won't respect an invisible dog fence. Breed is irrelevant. I've seen fences work well for large and stubborn breeds like Pit Bulls, Boxers, Rottweilers, and German Shepherds, as well as small, sensitive breeds like Chihuahuas, Yorkies, and Pugs.
- MYTH: My dog is too old to learn how to respond to an invisible dog fence. Unless your pet is so old that his health is failing, he is never too old to learn new tricks!
- MYTH: Invisible dog fences only work for dogs. Personally, I've trained cats and even goats -- that's right, stubborn ol' GOATS -- to reliably respond to an invisible boundary.
Underground Electric Dog Fence Provide Freedom For Your Dog.
Most people know about invisible dog fences nowadays. How many of us fully realize how they work and what they have to offer our canines? They may be extremely complex units with regards to functions, but the fundamental principles remain the same with nearly all invisible dog fences. Like every electronic product these days, they're improving fast. Keeping up with the technology can be tough, but not nearly as complicated as learning to operate a new computer.
Invisible dog fences are affordable, and that is one of the best benefits that these products offer. They do not require a lot of maintenance. My traditional wood fence has to be stained every year, and believe me that is not fun at all. Had I put in an electronic fence instead, things would have been much easier, and cheaper.
These types of systems are very effective. It does take some training, but with proper training, they really do work. Besides being effective, if used properly, they are very safe and humane for your dog. I know that there are people on both sides of the fence here, but my research and first hand experiences have led me to believe that they are truly humane. My dogs are loving and faithful, and much of it is due to the fact that they have rules. They trust me. I believe that any pet product can be inhumane. It all depends in whose hand the tool is.
They do take training, but the training is easy and can be accomplished by anyone willing to give it a few minutes each day. Most all of these products come with very great training videos, and instructions for proper use. PetSafe®, Innotek®, and Sportdog®, are the most popular pet fence systems on the market. They are all manufactured by Radio Systems Inc.®. As long as you have purchased one of these 3 brands from an "authorized retailer", you have complete access to their support (800 number) offered. They are excellent at helping with any questions or concerns.
Another of the benefits that the electronic pet fence has given my front yard as opposed to the traditional fence around my back yard is a great view. This is not something that a lot of people think about or are concerned with, but I have really enjoyed not having a barricade around my entire house. I do admit, the privacy in back is good, but what was once a nice view of the mountains is now a view of my fence.
Pet containment fences are some of the most sought after pet products on the Internet these days, but the main thing I see is that people are not fully aware of the capabilities and what they can really offer your pet. Used properly, I have seen them do remarkable things. My buddy's dog won't go past the edge of the sidewalk, even when strangers and other dogs walk by. He doesn't even know that there is no power to the fence. This is proof that if done right, they do work.
http://thefreedomfence.com/alberta/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Camrose AB. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.