TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Grimshaw AB and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Grimshaw AB.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Grimshaw AB. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Grimshaw AB property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Grimshaw AB include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Grimshaw AB property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Grimshaw AB?
Paramount on the minds of every dog owner is the safety of his or her dog. If one is not alert, so many bad things could happen if a dog gets out of the house. For one, it could cause damage to property - both yours and your neighbor's. It might end up roaming the neighborhood and get attacked or injured by other more aggressive dogs. Worse, it might even get run over by a car.
Ironically, a lot of neighborhoods actually restrict the construction of fences because it spoils the view and aesthetics of the community. With this in mind, how can one restrict the movements of a dog without having to tie it up to a post? The solution to this is the invisible dog fence.
There are two types of invisible dog fences. The first type is often called "electric fencing" but the more correct term is "in ground fencing". In ground fencing consists of three main components: a transmitter, a long wire (as long as the perimeter of the designated dog's roaming area and is buried a few inches under the ground), and a receiver (attached to the dog's collar). Whenever a dog approaches the wire/boundary, the collar would beep or give out other forms of signals. However, if it ignores the signal and gets very close to the boundary, a mild electric shock is administered. Good examples of in ground fencing include Innotek's dog fence systems, particularly the IUC-4100 and the IUC-5100, and the SportDog SDF-100A.
The second type of invisible dog fence is the wireless or wifi dog fence. Unlike the previous type which utilizes a very long wire, there are only two components, namely the central controller and the receiver in the dog's collar. The pet owner adjusts the size of the dog's roaming area through the controller. Same as with the electric fence, a dog that gets close to the boundary is warned with a beep and then later shocked if it attempts to breach the limit.
The delivery of a mild electric shock might seem inhumane to some animal activists, but manufacturers and experts claim that it is safe. However, some pet owners have observed that their dogs have developed burns, sores or infections as a result of the shocks caused by the collar. Experts advise that the collar should not be worn by the dog 24/7. If it is resting/sleeping or it is inside the house with you, it is best that you remove the collar.
The invisible dog fence is easy to install and you can put it in any place where you don't want your dog to get into, such as your garden, swimming pool, fish pond, or driveway. If you are not particularly savvy when it comes to installing units like these, you can get professional help. Some manufacturers and distributors offer free installation when you order a pet containment system from them
Underground Electric Dog Fence Provide Freedom For Your Dog.
Pet owners who want to make sure that their dogs are kept safe and sound would most likely consider having an wireless dog fence installed in their home. This is especially true for those individuals who live in neighborhoods and communities that prohibit the construction of fences. Before they have a pet containment system installed, they would naturally want to know the various advantages and disadvantages that accompany these wireless fences.
Let us enumerate the pros and cons of the wireless dog fences one by one...
Advantages of the Wireless Dog Fence
1. An in ground or wireless pet containment system is cheaper than having to construct a physical fence around your home. It is also easier to maintain. No need to patch up holes or nail down loose boards.
2. Because the wire is buried under the ground (as in the case of the in ground dog fence) or is wireless (as in the case of the wifi systems), you don't have to worry about complaints from neighbors about unsightly physical fences.
3. The size of the dog's roaming area can be adjusted. For the in ground dog fence, you just simply make the area smaller or larger by shortening or adding more wire. This is even easier with a wireless system. Simply adjust the controller and you can make the safe zone as small as 100 feet to as large as 100 acres.
4. You can adjust the correction "shocks" that are being applied to your dog through a switch in the collar. This is very helpful especially if the collar is causing your dog pain and burn injuries.
Disadvantages of the Invisible Dog Fence
1. Depending upon the level of intelligence and pain threshold, some dogs may not be successfully trained to stay within the containment area.
2. Some dogs may try to test the limits of the invisible barrier. There are dogs that have been able to cross the boundary by simply jumping vertically (the upper limit of the wireless fence wherein no shocks are delivered).
3. While it can keep your dogs inside a safe zone, it cannot keep other dogs and animals out. This should be taken note of especially if you live in an area near forests where wolves, foxes, coyotes, raccoons and others abound. Also, it cannot keep out dog thieves.
4. If you have an electric dog fence, a rat might dig up the wire and chew on it, causing the barrier to drop. Because the wire is very long, it will be very difficult for you to locate where the cut section is.
5. Some pet owners have noticed that when their dog is challenged by another dog, they would charge outside of the boundary, seemingly ignoring the shock. But then, the dog would later refuse to go back inside the safe zone because it is afraid of getting shocked.
6. A lot of people would find it disturbing to see your dog running freely inside your yard without any visible barrier. Some would even be afraid that your dog might bite them or your children. In these cases, it is advisable to put up a sign that you have an invisible dog fence installed in your home.
http://thefreedomfence.com/alberta/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Grimshaw AB. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.