TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Innisfail AB and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Innisfail AB.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Innisfail AB. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Innisfail AB property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Innisfail AB include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Innisfail AB property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Innisfail AB?
Pet owners who want to make sure that their dogs are kept safe and sound would most likely consider having an wireless dog fence installed in their home. This is especially true for those individuals who live in neighborhoods and communities that prohibit the construction of fences. Before they have a pet containment system installed, they would naturally want to know the various advantages and disadvantages that accompany these wireless fences.
Let us enumerate the pros and cons of the wireless dog fences one by one...
Advantages of the Wireless Dog Fence
1. An in ground or wireless pet containment system is cheaper than having to construct a physical fence around your home. It is also easier to maintain. No need to patch up holes or nail down loose boards.
2. Because the wire is buried under the ground (as in the case of the in ground dog fence) or is wireless (as in the case of the wifi systems), you don't have to worry about complaints from neighbors about unsightly physical fences.
3. The size of the dog's roaming area can be adjusted. For the in ground dog fence, you just simply make the area smaller or larger by shortening or adding more wire. This is even easier with a wireless system. Simply adjust the controller and you can make the safe zone as small as 100 feet to as large as 100 acres.
4. You can adjust the correction "shocks" that are being applied to your dog through a switch in the collar. This is very helpful especially if the collar is causing your dog pain and burn injuries.
Disadvantages of the Invisible Dog Fence
1. Depending upon the level of intelligence and pain threshold, some dogs may not be successfully trained to stay within the containment area.
2. Some dogs may try to test the limits of the invisible barrier. There are dogs that have been able to cross the boundary by simply jumping vertically (the upper limit of the wireless fence wherein no shocks are delivered).
3. While it can keep your dogs inside a safe zone, it cannot keep other dogs and animals out. This should be taken note of especially if you live in an area near forests where wolves, foxes, coyotes, raccoons and others abound. Also, it cannot keep out dog thieves.
4. If you have an electric dog fence, a rat might dig up the wire and chew on it, causing the barrier to drop. Because the wire is very long, it will be very difficult for you to locate where the cut section is.
5. Some pet owners have noticed that when their dog is challenged by another dog, they would charge outside of the boundary, seemingly ignoring the shock. But then, the dog would later refuse to go back inside the safe zone because it is afraid of getting shocked.
6. A lot of people would find it disturbing to see your dog running freely inside your yard without any visible barrier. Some would even be afraid that your dog might bite them or your children. In these cases, it is advisable to put up a sign that you have an invisible dog fence installed in your home.
Upgrading Your Underground Dog Fence without Spending a Fortune
Electronic dog fences are simply a better way to keep your pup nice and safe in your garden or backyard, instead of the conventional chain links or wooden fences.
If your backyard is particularly large and expansive, then it will cost a lot to cover the area. Not only will you be charged thousands of dollars, you might have to get a town zoning permit. In comparison, an electric fence only costs about a couple hundred, and they are really easy to install without being unsightly.
While dogs love digging under fences and jumping over them, an electric dog fence will dissuade them from potentially harming themselves. This is why they're much better than the traditional dog fences. Your dog will be made into an angel in no time.
In fact, you don't have to keep your dog chained to a post or a kennel. And your dog certainly won't cause chaos in your house out of sheer boredom. The electric enclosure give enough room for your dog to exercise and run in the fresh air without any worries or limitations. Sad, obese, and unhealthy dogs can pose a danger to their own health, which is why it's important to keep them happy and active.
Aside from that, electronic fences can also keep out any intruders or stray animals that don't belong to your place and discourage them from nosing around.
However, these type of dog fences are not recommended for puppies under 6 months old, small dogs, or pregnant dogs, since the shock they receive might be more than they can compensate for. Aggressive dogs should also not be kept in electronic dog enclosures, since they might increase their level of negative aggression and behaviors.
You should also be certain to watch out for lightning storms, since the electronic fences might break down. Ask your supplier if they have some sort of warranty for lightning storms.
How do electronic dog fences work?
Electronic enclosures are also known as underground, invisible, or wireless fences. It is simply a wire which answers to radio signals in order to be turned on and off, capping off any area where you don't want your dog to go wandering about.
All your dog need to do is wear a collar, that is also the receiver. If your gets too near to the wire or the boundary, then the collar will beep and your dog might be startled. If they do go further, though, then they will be administered a small voltage to train them.
While this does take some time to get used to, it is not very hard once the task is in place. It should take about three weeks or so for your dog to become OK with the fact, with three fifteen minute sessions in place every day.
They will learn where not to go after two zaps or so while training. However, if your dog has trouble seeing or hearing, then additional training will be required since your dog may not be able to pick up on the cues. In this case, electronic dog fences are probably not the best options for your dog, so you might have to look for alternatives.
http://thefreedomfence.com/alberta/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Innisfail AB. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.