Where can you find professional installation or repair services for invisible dog fences, underground dog fences and other pet containment fences in British Columbia?
Unbeknown to many dog owners and consumers, an invisible dog fence is also known as an underground fence, Invisible Pet Fence or in-ground electric fence. It is imperative that after your containment fence is installed, that you train your pet on how to properly use your new electric dog fence. This type of modern pet fence is also much more affordable compared to a normal physical fence, even if you hire a local professional in British Columbia to install your containment or underground dog fence.
Typically an underground fence has an electric wire which is buried 2 to 3 inches in the ground. The wire sends a radio signal to a training collar which the dog wears. When the dog approaches the boundary of the fence, the collar will sound a beep, followed by a mild safe electric static shock.
Choosing the right in-ground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality underground fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs.
This type of dog fence is also much more affordable compared to a normal physical fence, even if you hire a professional to install your underground pet fence. An underground fence leaves your yard more attractive, and doesn’t take away the view. A traditional fence isn’t reliable, dogs dig under them, jump over them, and run away through open gates. An underground pet fence can still be used when you have a physical fence also for double the protection.
All in all these electronic dog fence systems are very effective and can be trusted to contain and keep your dog safe.
- Invisible Dog Fencing BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Abbotsford BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Armstrong BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Burnaby BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Campbell River BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Companies Castlegar BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Chilliwack BC
- Dog Containment Collar Colwood BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Comox Valley BC
- Underground Dog Fencing Coquitlam BC
- Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog Courtenay BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Cowichan Valley BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Cranbrook BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Dawson Creek BC
- Large Dog Invisible Fence Delta BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Duncan BC
- Underground Dog Fencing East Kootenay BC
- Underground Dog Fencing Enderby BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing Fernie BC
- Hidden Dog Fence Fort Langley BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Fort St. John BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Fraser Valley BC
- Cat Containment System Fraser-Fort George BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing Grand Forks BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Greater Vancouver BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Greenwood BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Kamloops BC
- Invisible Pet Fence Kelowna BC
- Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs Kelowna BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Kimberley BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Kitimat-Stikine BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Kootenay Boundary BC
- Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs Ladner BC
- Dog Containment Collar Langford BC
- Invisible Pet Fence Langley BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Maple Ridge BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Merritt BC
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Metro Vancouver BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Mission BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Myra BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Nanaimo BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Nelson BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing New Westminster BC
- Invisible Pet Fence North Okanagan BC
- Invisible Fence Cats North Vancouver BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Okanagan Lake Region
- Wireless Invisible Dog Fence Okanagan-Similkameen BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Parksville BC
- Hidden Dog Fence Peace River BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Peachland BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Penticton BC
- Small Dog Invisible Fence Pitt Meadows BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Port Alberni BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Port Coquitlam BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Port Moody BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Powell River BC
- Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs Powell River BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Prince George BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Installation Prince Rupert BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Quesnel BC
- Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog Revelstoke BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Richmond BC
- Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs Rossland BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Salmon Arm BC
- Invisible Fence Cats Skeena-Queen Charlotte BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Strathcona BC
- Underground Dog Fencing Summerland BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Surrey BC
- Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs Terrace BC
- Wireless Dog Fencing Thompson-Nicola BC
- Invisible Dog Fence Companies Trail BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence Tsawwassen BC
- Invisible Fence Alternative Vancouver BC
- Invisible Fencing For Dogs Vancouver Island BC
- Invisible Dog Fencing Vancouver Lower Mainland BC
- Electronic Fencing For Dogs Vernon BC
- Cat Invisible Fence Victoria BC
- Invisible Fence Alternative West Kelowna BC
- Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence West Vancouver BC
- Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog Westbank Kelowna BC
- Hidden Dog Fence Whistler BC
- Underground Dog Fencing White Rock BC
- Large Dog Invisible Fence Williams Lake BC
Best Invisible and Electric Dog Fence Installation Companies in British Columbia ?
Our professional team in British Columbia specializes in providing pet containment product sales & services for: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence.
The Advantages Of Having A Pet Door And Underground Dog Fence
My dog used to be a darter. One of those canines that would see an opening and take off. He's been hit by a car twice now, neither really that bad, and has been lost more times than I can count. Even at the old home, where a fence has existed for years, the 100 pound lab would simply hop the thing and joy ride if no one was around. It had gotten to the point that I couldn't even let him outside unless he was on a leash or tied to something.
Just a couple months ago, I moved in to a new house with a huge back yard. The yard had a great garden on the interior, too. And to my pleasant surprise, the entire perimeter was wired for one of those underground electric dog fences. The former owner told me that the fence had been installed by a local company, and worked great for his fifteen year old standard poodle. Right before I moved in, he taught me how to use the electric fence, and I looked forward to allowing my dog to run free in the huge yard with no chance of escape.
The fence initially worked wonderfully. The minute my dog got that first hard shock, he wouldn't go near the perimeter of the yard. For a good week, he played around the rest of the property while I tended to my new garden. In this week, my dog never more than edged toward the boundary, and this allowed me to feel safe and secure without having to watch his every move.
Unfortunately, that first week was the exception. After that, I noticed problem after problem with my electric fence. First, the act of keeping my dog enclosed in this back yard seemed to make him more mischievous inside the boundaries, and I came down one morning to find my newly-improved garden destroyed. This caused me to give up on my gardening for the time.
Second, the dog suddenly gained the skill to break free from the boundaries. Even with me watching, he would get a good running start, take off toward the perimeter, absorb the shock and just bust right through the thing. This caused me to turn the power up to high, which increased the shock level to a seemingly unbearable strength, and I could barely stand to watch my dog attempt to break it.
However, shortly thereafter my intelligent canine found a way to break out again anyway. He would approach the perimeter, just close enough to hear the warning tone sounding. Then he would simply sit there and let the thing beep until the battery died, an act that allowed him to run through the boundaries. Isn't the intelligence of dogs amazing? As much as I wanted to punish him for that, I was actually pretty proud that he was smart enough to figure that one out. Soon, I had no way of stopping the dog from conquering the electric fence.
I called the local installation company to see if they could help. Apparently, most companies are now referring to the product as a "containment system." I guess "electric fence" is a little less politically correct. They recommended an entire new setup, including new and upgraded system, thicker wire, and a new wire setup around the garden area, what they referred to as "expert installation." All in all, the cost for products and installation was well over two thousand dollars, which was way beyond my budget.
On the verge of giving up, I ran a couple Internet searches and found some companies selling these containment systems online at a fraction of the cost I was quoted. I called a couple customer service departments and eventually gathered the information I needed. As it turns out, I didn't even need to reinstall the system. The wire that was currently in the ground would work with any new fence I purchased.
And the new systems had everything I needed. The model I chose has a great feature called "Run Through Prevention," which basically prevents hard headed dogs like mine from running through the fence by creating a zone of increasing stimulation as the dog gets closer and closer to the boundary. I've also found this feature to be more humane, as it doesn't just hit my dog with one hard shock, and doesn't just punish him for accidentally wandering into the zone. Instead, the level of shock he receives is only increased if he continues toward the boundary.
In addition, the new containment systems have this feature called anti-drain prevention which was created for dogs like mine that would sit in the warning zone until the warning tone caused the battery to die. When my dog attempted to linger in the warning area, he received a warning shock after a couple seconds, which continued until he moved out of the area.
And as for the garden, that part was hardly "expert installation." A customer service representative talked me through a simple installation process, which consisted of me digging up just a foot of wire, splicing it and adding another wire which traveled out to my centered garden, around the beds, and back to the original splice in the wire. And what's even better, I was instructed to twist the two wires going to and from the garden, a practice that cancels the signal, meaning the only active part of the wire was the section encircling the garden. Therefore, my dog can run anywhere around the garden until he comes within five feet, and that means no more eating my flowers!
Capabilities of Electric Dog Fences
If you have a dog, you know that they like to go outdoors. Dogs need walks and opportunities to go outside to play and to take care of other biological concerns. Dog owners, however, are not always able to meet their pet's needs. What if you have to spend many hours away? How will you be able to let your pet get the time outside that he or she needs? Electronic dog fences are an effective product that can assist you in keeping your pet happy.
An electronic fence is essentially a collar that your dog wears and a series of wires that you lay out to mark the boundaries of your property. While wearing the collar, your dog will be limited to a specific range. What this means is that if you have to be away for many hours but still want your pet to be able to go outside, you can use the electronic fence to keep your animal on your own property. There is no need to tie your dog up or put up expensive fencing around your home. The electronic fence can keep your pet close to home for a minimal cost.
The electronic fence works by connecting to a radio signal from a controller that you set. The collars are light, rugged, and waterproof. As your dog goes further from the controller and nearer to your property boundary, the system begins to emit electric impulses and sound that gradually increases in the collar thus encouraging your animal to move back within range.
Many people have asked whether these systems are humane. Do they hurt the animals that wear them? While the sound and electric stimulation are not pleasant, they will cause no damage to your pet's health. Instead, they will actually make the animal safer as he or she learns the limits of the acceptable territory. Your dog will stay on your property, even when you are away, safe from accidents and strangers.
Most systems can cover about one acre of space which is sufficient for most homes. With extensions, however, you can create a system that can cover fifty or more acres. No matter what your property size is, you can find a fencing system that can meet your needs.
Indeed, these systems are effective means of training your animal. Over time your dog will realize what the boundaries of your territory are and he or she will not cross that line. After they have learned this lesson, they will stay on your property even when the collar is removed.
If you have more than one dog, most fencing systems can still work for you. With additional collars you can train several animals to recognize the limits of their territory.
All in all, electronic dog fences are a good product. They are safe and can give pet owners a new flexibility. Your pet can go outside, and you will not have to worry. They are a cost effective solution to a common problem facing pet owners.
Dog Fences for Appealing Safety
Home – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in the province of British Columbia and other provinces in Western Canada. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.