TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Myra BC and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Myra BC.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Myra BC. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Myra BC property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Myra BC include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Myra BC property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Myra BC?
After fifteen years in the dog fence business I have seen a lot of products out there. Dog Guard, Pet Stop, Pet Safe, Dog Watch, Innotek and many more. I thought I would give my professional opinion on the best fence for the safety of your pet.
First is the underground, there are many brands to choose from. With a underground dog fence there is a transmitter typically installed in a dry area either in a garage or basement. After the transmitter is installed the loop wire is then installed. Some yards are larger than others so when you lay out the loop wire keep in mind that where you put the wire the dog will stay back anywhere from 4 feet to up to ten feet depending on the size of the yard. There are different methods that can be used to do this.
I would recommend calling the local tool rental store to see if they rent a machine for this, most of them do these days. Another way is to use a good lawn edger cut a slot then use a garden weed tool (short handled tool with a v at the end) to poke the wire down in the trench. When installing the wire remember to leave enough wire to get from the perimeter into the garage or basement. What I do is leave enough wire to insert both ends into my cordless drill and use the drill to twist the two together. Once twisted this area will not omit any signal so it will be safe for your dog to cross and safe in the garage or basement. This will also make it easy to lay the two wires in the same trench and easy to staple to the wall in the basement or garage. OK the wire is in three steps left. First use a skill saw with a asphalt blade to score a line in the driveway. After the score is done use a screwdriver to poke the wire into the score. To seal the drive I found that wet-dry roofing is not only the most cost efficient but also most effective. Next Place the flags the same distance away from the wire around the perimeter. Final step train your dog. As you can see there is a lot of work involved in the underground electronic dog fence.
The underground pet fence receiver activates when it enters the signal field and the wireless receiver activates when the receiver leaves the signal field.
OK now we now what is involved with the underground dog fence lets talk wireless.
The wireless pet fence is only manufactured by Pet Safe. The set up is simple depending on the size of your yard. Lets say you have a 1/4 acre lot.
On a 1/4 acre lot the ideal place to install the transmitter would be in the center of the house. Next install the transmitter by simply plug it in to a nearby outlet. After the transmitter is installed place the battery into the receiver. After the battery is installed it is time to mark the pets boundary with the flags. On a 1/4 acre the transmitter range will need to be turned close to all the way up. Unfortunately with the wireless fence it only works in a 360 degree radius of the transmitter, in other words up to a 90 foot radius around the transmitter making at total of 180 feet around. Take your flags and receiver and start walking to the edge until the receiver activates, then put in a flag. Continue around the property until you have flags about 10 feet a part around the entire property, then train your pet.
There you have it the wireless dog fence VS the the underground dog fence. If you have a small yard like a condo or town house then the wireless is probably for you. If you have a large yard then a underground fence is right for you. I my self have both I use the underground fence at home, not just to contain my pet but also it keeps him out of the gardens. I also have it wired in areas inside my house to keep them out of the cats area and the garbage. The wireless system I keep in my camper and flag a small area for them when camping. My dogs Chance, Frannie and Senior Nutts love the freedom at home or on vacation and I feel great knowing they are safe. I use the Pet Safe underground fence and the Pet Safe wireless system.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Invisible Dog Fence
Pet owners who want to make sure that their dogs are kept safe and sound would most likely consider having an wireless dog fence installed in their home. This is especially true for those individuals who live in neighborhoods and communities that prohibit the construction of fences. Before they have a pet containment system installed, they would naturally want to know the various advantages and disadvantages that accompany these wireless fences.
Let us enumerate the pros and cons of the wireless dog fences one by one...
Advantages of the Wireless Dog Fence
1. An in ground or wireless pet containment system is cheaper than having to construct a physical fence around your home. It is also easier to maintain. No need to patch up holes or nail down loose boards.
2. Because the wire is buried under the ground (as in the case of the in ground dog fence) or is wireless (as in the case of the wifi systems), you don't have to worry about complaints from neighbors about unsightly physical fences.
3. The size of the dog's roaming area can be adjusted. For the in ground dog fence, you just simply make the area smaller or larger by shortening or adding more wire. This is even easier with a wireless system. Simply adjust the controller and you can make the safe zone as small as 100 feet to as large as 100 acres.
4. You can adjust the correction "shocks" that are being applied to your dog through a switch in the collar. This is very helpful especially if the collar is causing your dog pain and burn injuries.
Disadvantages of the Invisible Dog Fence
1. Depending upon the level of intelligence and pain threshold, some dogs may not be successfully trained to stay within the containment area.
2. Some dogs may try to test the limits of the invisible barrier. There are dogs that have been able to cross the boundary by simply jumping vertically (the upper limit of the wireless fence wherein no shocks are delivered).
3. While it can keep your dogs inside a safe zone, it cannot keep other dogs and animals out. This should be taken note of especially if you live in an area near forests where wolves, foxes, coyotes, raccoons and others abound. Also, it cannot keep out dog thieves.
4. If you have an electric dog fence, a rat might dig up the wire and chew on it, causing the barrier to drop. Because the wire is very long, it will be very difficult for you to locate where the cut section is.
5. Some pet owners have noticed that when their dog is challenged by another dog, they would charge outside of the boundary, seemingly ignoring the shock. But then, the dog would later refuse to go back inside the safe zone because it is afraid of getting shocked.
6. A lot of people would find it disturbing to see your dog running freely inside your yard without any visible barrier. Some would even be afraid that your dog might bite them or your children. In these cases, it is advisable to put up a sign that you have an invisible dog fence installed in your home.
http://thefreedomfence.com/british-columbia/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Myra BC. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.