TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Kamloops BC and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Kamloops BC.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Kamloops BC. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Kamloops BC property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Kamloops BC include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Kamloops BC property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Kamloops BC?
Pet owners who want to make sure that their dogs are kept safe and sound would most likely consider having an wireless dog fence installed in their home. This is especially true for those individuals who live in neighborhoods and communities that prohibit the construction of fences. Before they have a pet containment system installed, they would naturally want to know the various advantages and disadvantages that accompany these wireless fences.
Let us enumerate the pros and cons of the wireless dog fences one by one...
Advantages of the Wireless Dog Fence
1. An in ground or wireless pet containment system is cheaper than having to construct a physical fence around your home. It is also easier to maintain. No need to patch up holes or nail down loose boards.
2. Because the wire is buried under the ground (as in the case of the in ground dog fence) or is wireless (as in the case of the wifi systems), you don't have to worry about complaints from neighbors about unsightly physical fences.
3. The size of the dog's roaming area can be adjusted. For the in ground dog fence, you just simply make the area smaller or larger by shortening or adding more wire. This is even easier with a wireless system. Simply adjust the controller and you can make the safe zone as small as 100 feet to as large as 100 acres.
4. You can adjust the correction "shocks" that are being applied to your dog through a switch in the collar. This is very helpful especially if the collar is causing your dog pain and burn injuries.
Disadvantages of the Invisible Dog Fence
1. Depending upon the level of intelligence and pain threshold, some dogs may not be successfully trained to stay within the containment area.
2. Some dogs may try to test the limits of the invisible barrier. There are dogs that have been able to cross the boundary by simply jumping vertically (the upper limit of the wireless fence wherein no shocks are delivered).
3. While it can keep your dogs inside a safe zone, it cannot keep other dogs and animals out. This should be taken note of especially if you live in an area near forests where wolves, foxes, coyotes, raccoons and others abound. Also, it cannot keep out dog thieves.
4. If you have an electric dog fence, a rat might dig up the wire and chew on it, causing the barrier to drop. Because the wire is very long, it will be very difficult for you to locate where the cut section is.
5. Some pet owners have noticed that when their dog is challenged by another dog, they would charge outside of the boundary, seemingly ignoring the shock. But then, the dog would later refuse to go back inside the safe zone because it is afraid of getting shocked.
6. A lot of people would find it disturbing to see your dog running freely inside your yard without any visible barrier. Some would even be afraid that your dog might bite them or your children. In these cases, it is advisable to put up a sign that you have an invisible dog fence installed in your home.
Capabilities of Electric Dog Fences
No one can blame a dog owner for wanting to keep his pet at home, at all time, especially when the dog tends to run off and expose itself to harm. Your dog would enjoy some quality play time with your, especially if your property has a yard or a lawn your dog can enjoy running in. But some dog owners live in areas where zoning rules, which do not allow installing physical fences. There's probably a way to let your dog roam free while not fencing it in.
There is a way, by installing a fence for dogs. The fence is similar to behavioral deterrent provided by a physical fence - it can prevent your dog from getting out of a designated area. So what keeps your dog inside a no-fence fence? It's certainly not anything physical. Instead, it's his learned responses. Dog owners who know about bark collars can easily grasp the principle - with bark collars, dogs learn to avoid barking because the collar sends out an annoying deterrent, like a shock. You install the dog fence around an area and your dog should be exposed to the boundaries - should it keep moving past the line, it gets annoyed by a static correction.
This special fence is one of many pet containment systems; it's quite easy to install, just a length of wires to be buried around a designated area. Your dog should wear, while inside the perimeter, a special collar. The collar marks the position of your dog relative to the boundary wires, and releases a warning tone should your dog get too close to the wires; when your dog continues to move past the wires, a static correction is released. That's a concise picture explaining how your dog can be kept inside your property without the feeling of being fenced in. It's invisible only in so far as not physical fences are installed and can be seen. But the effects are the same. After some training, your dog learns to stay inside the perimeter it's been trained in.
A variation of this electric fence involves radio signals sent from a central source which also detects how far, inside a designated radius, your dog is. Should your dog wander off outside that range, he gets the warning tone and subsequent static correction.
Installing the fence will not require the expertise of a contractor who will dig up your property had he been commissioned to install a physical fence. You only need to decide the outer lines making up the perimeter your dog will stay in.
As has been said, it takes some training for your dog to get used to observing the warning tone and static correction. When you search online for these dog fences, you will often see that each product description comes with details about installation and training instructions. The good dog supply sites will also have short videos on these fences as well as tips on training your dog.
You can save money instead of putting up a physical fence just to keep your dog inside your property. All you need is a dog fence installed and some time to train your dog to get used to the "fence." Before long your dog will get used to the dog fence and stay inside the designated perimeter.
http://thefreedomfence.com/british-columbia/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Kamloops BC. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.