TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Wainwright AB and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Wainwright AB.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Wainwright AB. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Wainwright AB property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Wainwright AB include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Wainwright AB property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Wainwright AB?
Pet owners who want to make sure that their dogs are kept safe and sound would most likely consider having an wireless dog fence installed in their home. This is especially true for those individuals who live in neighborhoods and communities that prohibit the construction of fences. Before they have a pet containment system installed, they would naturally want to know the various advantages and disadvantages that accompany these wireless fences.
Let us enumerate the pros and cons of the wireless dog fences one by one...
Advantages of the Wireless Dog Fence
1. An in ground or wireless pet containment system is cheaper than having to construct a physical fence around your home. It is also easier to maintain. No need to patch up holes or nail down loose boards.
2. Because the wire is buried under the ground (as in the case of the in ground dog fence) or is wireless (as in the case of the wifi systems), you don't have to worry about complaints from neighbors about unsightly physical fences.
3. The size of the dog's roaming area can be adjusted. For the in ground dog fence, you just simply make the area smaller or larger by shortening or adding more wire. This is even easier with a wireless system. Simply adjust the controller and you can make the safe zone as small as 100 feet to as large as 100 acres.
4. You can adjust the correction "shocks" that are being applied to your dog through a switch in the collar. This is very helpful especially if the collar is causing your dog pain and burn injuries.
Disadvantages of the Invisible Dog Fence
1. Depending upon the level of intelligence and pain threshold, some dogs may not be successfully trained to stay within the containment area.
2. Some dogs may try to test the limits of the invisible barrier. There are dogs that have been able to cross the boundary by simply jumping vertically (the upper limit of the wireless fence wherein no shocks are delivered).
3. While it can keep your dogs inside a safe zone, it cannot keep other dogs and animals out. This should be taken note of especially if you live in an area near forests where wolves, foxes, coyotes, raccoons and others abound. Also, it cannot keep out dog thieves.
4. If you have an electric dog fence, a rat might dig up the wire and chew on it, causing the barrier to drop. Because the wire is very long, it will be very difficult for you to locate where the cut section is.
5. Some pet owners have noticed that when their dog is challenged by another dog, they would charge outside of the boundary, seemingly ignoring the shock. But then, the dog would later refuse to go back inside the safe zone because it is afraid of getting shocked.
6. A lot of people would find it disturbing to see your dog running freely inside your yard without any visible barrier. Some would even be afraid that your dog might bite them or your children. In these cases, it is advisable to put up a sign that you have an invisible dog fence installed in your home.
The Invisible Dog Fence and its Advantages
Keeping a dog in a fence invisible to the area can be the solution to your escaping dog problems. Dog fences have holes and other escape routes that a crafty dog can sniff out before the owners can find them.
Dogs escape and wandering dogs can be a common issue with them kept in a city environment. The problem can get worse if you do not act quickly, and owners are responsible for their pets at all times. The good news is, a solution may be easier than you think. Buried fencing for dogs have created dog proof fences even without the need for a physical fence.
Such a fence is made up of two components, an invisible boundary or "Dog fence" created by a radio wire, and a collar worn by the dog. When it wanders into the fence radio signal, the collar (which is battery powered) will administer some form of correction, usually a beeping noise in the warning zone followed by a brief and mild static stimulation.
The advantages of this type of fences are many. If you have an existing physical fence, this fence can make it dog proof to stop a dog escaping. You may have internal areas within your yard that you would like to make 'pet proof'. It can protect an internal area by creating the radio signal around it. Whether it be pool areas, garden beds, or flowerbeds, it is easy to install additional invisible boundaries around these areas using the radio wire. The dog can walk around the garden but can't get in.
This fencing for pets is also a boon to those who live outside the city, such as farms or rural properties. Not only can the fence be used for keeping your pet from running away, but it can also keep them away from livestock, gardens, or other areas.
Whether you live inside or outside the city, this buried fencing for dogs is a humane way of keeping your dog in its designated area without resorting to tethering it. Tethering a pet is not recognized as an effective method of containing. If you own a dog for the purpose of increasing the security of your property, then having it run freely around the property perimeter is certainly an advantage to having it tethered or caged.
Remember that this fencing is not a cure-all and selecting the right system and carrying out the training is essential. Not all pet fences are the same. A physical boundary my still be recommended for some escaping dogs. Each dog is different and sometimes it may become more determined if the animal is in a high state of excitement.
Used correctly, a buried fence for dogs is an excellent training tool and safety measure for any dog owner, and well worth considering. Though the price is a bit more than a length of rope or chain, it is a far more humane alternative that will make sure your pet learns to stay safely inside your yard while still granting them a lot more freedom. We recommend that you discuss your needs with a professional supplier and look at the advantages of a Pet Barrier.
http://thefreedomfence.com/alberta/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Wainwright AB. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.