TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Biggar SK and Western Canada. Choosing the right underground dog fence for your dog can be confusing because of the wide variety of electronic pet fences available. A quality in-ground dog fence is sold by Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch®, Dog Guard®, Innotek®, and DogTek® and comes in different styles for different types of dogs and are ideal for climate found in and around Biggar SK.
Even though an invisible, underground, wireless or other electric dog fence systems cannot be seen or touched, they do a fairly good job in keeping your dog safe within the exterior areas of your demarcated property. These unique dog containment systems are designed to prevent your dog from straying, being a nuisance to your neighbors and staying safe from accidents or attacks by other animals. It is not only an innovative way to keep your dog safe, but will also save you a lot of money compared to installing a traditional fence in Biggar SK. Moreover, they will also give your home and garden a cleaner, more aesthetic look.
If you find that a traditional fence is beyond your budget, or if such a fence contravenes rules laid down by your neighborhood community, then installing any type of invisible dog fencing system would be the best option. There are some highly effective fences available today, so you can easily choose one that suits your needs and budget.
One of the most popular options available today is the “radio electric” dog fence. It is designed for the sole purpose of deterring your dog from moving out of the demarcated areas of your Biggar SK property or acreage. The invisible dog fence involves the use of two main components – a transmitter and a receiver (radio collar).
Our Current Dog Fencing Product & Service Offerings in Biggar SK include: Wireless Dog Fencing, Dog Fence Underground, Electric Dog Fence For Large Dog, Invisible Fencing For Dogs, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Wireless Invisible Dog Fence, Invisible Fence Cats, Invisible Electric Fence For Dogs, Underground Dog Fencing, Hidden Dog Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Companies, Cat Invisible Fence, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Electronic Fencing For Dogs, Invisible Pet Fence, Large Dog Invisible Fence, Outdoor Containment Fence For Dogs, Invisible Fence Alternative, Cat Containment System, Wireless Invisible Fence For Dogs, Perimeter Wireless Dog Fence, Dog Containment Collar, Invisible Dog Fence Installation, Wireless Dog Fencing, Invisible Dog Fencing, Small Dog Invisible Fence
How the Dog Fences Works?
The fence has an electric wire fitted with a transmitter and installed underground all around the borders of your acreage or Biggar SK property. This fence system works by giving out a beeping signal which is received by your dog’s radio collar, each time it (the dog) gets too close to the fence. If your dog continues to ignore the signals, a mild static shock is delivered via its collar to stop it from crossing the fence. However, the shock frequency can be adjusted to limit fear or harm to your dog.
Are Electronic Dog Fences Legal in Biggar SK?
If you have a dog, you know that they like to go outdoors. Dogs need walks and opportunities to go outside to play and to take care of other biological concerns. Dog owners, however, are not always able to meet their pet's needs. What if you have to spend many hours away? How will you be able to let your pet get the time outside that he or she needs? Electronic dog fences are an effective product that can assist you in keeping your pet happy.
An electronic fence is essentially a collar that your dog wears and a series of wires that you lay out to mark the boundaries of your property. While wearing the collar, your dog will be limited to a specific range. What this means is that if you have to be away for many hours but still want your pet to be able to go outside, you can use the electronic fence to keep your animal on your own property. There is no need to tie your dog up or put up expensive fencing around your home. The electronic fence can keep your pet close to home for a minimal cost.
The electronic fence works by connecting to a radio signal from a controller that you set. The collars are light, rugged, and waterproof. As your dog goes further from the controller and nearer to your property boundary, the system begins to emit electric impulses and sound that gradually increases in the collar thus encouraging your animal to move back within range.
Many people have asked whether these systems are humane. Do they hurt the animals that wear them? While the sound and electric stimulation are not pleasant, they will cause no damage to your pet's health. Instead, they will actually make the animal safer as he or she learns the limits of the acceptable territory. Your dog will stay on your property, even when you are away, safe from accidents and strangers.
Most systems can cover about one acre of space which is sufficient for most homes. With extensions, however, you can create a system that can cover fifty or more acres. No matter what your property size is, you can find a fencing system that can meet your needs.
Indeed, these systems are effective means of training your animal. Over time your dog will realize what the boundaries of your territory are and he or she will not cross that line. After they have learned this lesson, they will stay on your property even when the collar is removed.
If you have more than one dog, most fencing systems can still work for you. With additional collars you can train several animals to recognize the limits of their territory.
All in all, electronic dog fences are a good product. They are safe and can give pet owners a new flexibility. Your pet can go outside, and you will not have to worry. They are a cost effective solution to a common problem facing pet owners.
The Advantages of Underground Dog Fences
Pet owners who want to make sure that their dogs are kept safe and sound would most likely consider having an wireless dog fence installed in their home. This is especially true for those individuals who live in neighborhoods and communities that prohibit the construction of fences. Before they have a pet containment system installed, they would naturally want to know the various advantages and disadvantages that accompany these wireless fences.
Let us enumerate the pros and cons of the wireless dog fences one by one...
Advantages of the Wireless Dog Fence
1. An in ground or wireless pet containment system is cheaper than having to construct a physical fence around your home. It is also easier to maintain. No need to patch up holes or nail down loose boards.
2. Because the wire is buried under the ground (as in the case of the in ground dog fence) or is wireless (as in the case of the wifi systems), you don't have to worry about complaints from neighbors about unsightly physical fences.
3. The size of the dog's roaming area can be adjusted. For the in ground dog fence, you just simply make the area smaller or larger by shortening or adding more wire. This is even easier with a wireless system. Simply adjust the controller and you can make the safe zone as small as 100 feet to as large as 100 acres.
4. You can adjust the correction "shocks" that are being applied to your dog through a switch in the collar. This is very helpful especially if the collar is causing your dog pain and burn injuries.
Disadvantages of the Invisible Dog Fence
1. Depending upon the level of intelligence and pain threshold, some dogs may not be successfully trained to stay within the containment area.
2. Some dogs may try to test the limits of the invisible barrier. There are dogs that have been able to cross the boundary by simply jumping vertically (the upper limit of the wireless fence wherein no shocks are delivered).
3. While it can keep your dogs inside a safe zone, it cannot keep other dogs and animals out. This should be taken note of especially if you live in an area near forests where wolves, foxes, coyotes, raccoons and others abound. Also, it cannot keep out dog thieves.
4. If you have an electric dog fence, a rat might dig up the wire and chew on it, causing the barrier to drop. Because the wire is very long, it will be very difficult for you to locate where the cut section is.
5. Some pet owners have noticed that when their dog is challenged by another dog, they would charge outside of the boundary, seemingly ignoring the shock. But then, the dog would later refuse to go back inside the safe zone because it is afraid of getting shocked.
6. A lot of people would find it disturbing to see your dog running freely inside your yard without any visible barrier. Some would even be afraid that your dog might bite them or your children. In these cases, it is advisable to put up a sign that you have an invisible dog fence installed in your home.
http://thefreedomfence.com/saskatchewan/ – TheFreedomFence.com now offers installation, repair and servicing of All Brands of pet and dog fence systems in Biggar SK. WE PROUDLY SERVICE ALL BRANDS OF ELECTRIC FENCE SYSTEMS LIKE: Pet Stop®, PetSafe®, Pet Guardian®, Invisible Fence ™ ®, DogWatch® and Dog Guard®.